Sunday, August 16, 2009

WELL HELLO.

I forgot I had this, but then I found it. So now I remember.

I figure I may as well right some stuff in this blog even before I leave, so I'm in the habit of updating it.

Anyway. I've been working on my German, slowly but surely. Mostly speaking, though- I can't spell anything. I had been using Rosetta Stone, but then it got a fatal application error, and so now it's nicht gut.

I really liked Pimsleur, though, but I only had the beginner set. Now I'm using Learn-In-Your-Car tapes (what a great name), which are okay, but not the most intuitive product.

Meanwhile, I have been in contact with my host family- I'll be in a small town called Groß Sarau just outside of Lubeck, which is a city of about 200,000 not too far from Hamburg. And yes, I do get a funny looking "B" (it's called an Eszett, I've since learned) in my town name.

No comments:

Post a Comment