Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stuff

A few thoughts-

1.  Today is Pi Day in America!  Since Germany only has twelve months and writes its dates sillily, Pi Day hasn't been invented here yet.

2.  Today is Lord Todd Norton's birthday.  Alles gut zum Geburtstag, Todd!

3.  The people at the Luebeck Library said that I'm not allowed to get a library card because I don't have a German ID, but I'm going to try again later this week.  Maybe I'll get a nicer lady behind the counter.  Geo has one, after all.

4.  I got accepted to UCLA!

5.  I read an article in the paper that reminded me of Harry- I know his usual magazine is The Week, but for some reason I associate Wired with him, too.  Anyway, Wired nominated the internet for a Nobel Peace Prize.  Yeah, the internet.  Weird.

6.  I found a dance partner for my swing class!  Coincidentally, she too is named Sinja.

7.  I gave a presentation in French class on Friday.  I think it was well written, but the teacher commented once again on my American accent.  It's "tres, tres fort".  I don't think I'll ever figure out a French accent.

8.  I'm not too concerned about the French accent right now.  Just a German accent would be nice.  That's not happening any time soon either, though.

9.  I'm procrastinating.  I really ought to be writing a report on calculating vectors.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment