Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A German Haircut

So this was like a badass haircut.

First things first, I've never had an hour-and-a-half long haircut before.  Ever.  In Germany, in the USA, in my basement- ever.  Until today.

Anyway, I got to the studio at 5- the girl was waiting for me (I had called ahead).  She took my coat and sat me right down, and then offered me something to drink.  That's standard here- every time I go to the friseur I'm offered coffee, water, or tea.  I think that's kind of cool- we should have drinks in our haircutteries, too.

The girl (Sarah) proceeded to rinse, shampoo, and then condition my hair with TWO different conditioners.  So much conditioner habe ich noch nie gesehen!  Then after she dried it off, she put some more stuff in my hair!  I asked what it was, she replied bluntly "Haar Wasser".  Hair water?  What's that supposed to mean?

It's not very important what hair water is, though, because once the hair water was in she gave me a scalp massage for a good twenty minutes.  I guess she has to show a good head-massage on her test this week too, but whatever the case was, I'm not complaining.  I've never had a head-message in a haircuttery in the US, either.

After that was done she proceeded to cut my hair.  I think she did a good job, but she sure took a long time.  When that was finished, the hair-master of the salon came and looked over the work, evened a few things out, gave her approval, and went on her way.

Sarah told me that if I wanted, I could come back in a few weeks and get another free haircut.


In any case, I'd say I lucked out.  Mia has given her tentative approval, Hannes declares my haircut "ganz witzig", and I'm happy with it.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment