Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Die Projektwoche

I figure I can post real quickly about the projektwoche (project week) before I go to bed.  I'll get to Bergwerk and Sweden some other time this week- hopefully Bergwerk tomorrow.

The week before our vacation was a Projektwoche- what that means is that the Oberstufe (grades 9-12) got to go in a little later to school every day and had our choice of "projects".  I chose two- Bandprojekt and American Films You Should Know.  It's actually pretty ironic- Herr Wiegandt, my English teacher, asked if I would help lead the class.  I said sure, gladly.  Anyone who knows me, though, knows that I don't know anything about films, American or otherwise.  I'm lucky if I can stay awake through a whole movie, much less critique it.

Anyway, we ended up watching three films in the week- American Graffiti, Apollo 13, and Witness.  American Graffiti was pretty cool- I'd recommend it just for kicks and giggles for a dull rainy day.  Everyone knows Apollo 13 already (actually, everyone probably know American Graffiti already, and it's just me who doesn't... whichever).  I had never even heard of Witness, that was Mr. Wiegandt's vorschlag, but it was a pretty good film.  It was about an Amish boy who witnesses a murder- it's a thriller, but it takes a look at the Amish community.  I liked it.

In the Bandprojekt, we started a rock band, and on the last day we had a little concert.  I had originally thought that it would be a blues/boogies woogie kind of band, but it turned into rock.  Since there's no place for a trombone in rock music (usually), I ended up playing keys and singing.  It worked out well, though- we had three songs, and at the end of the week I think we sounded all right.  I was happy with it, at least.  Somebody took a movie- when I get back to school I'll try to track it down, and maybe upload it.


Okay, time for bed.  Gute Nacht!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the video and was quite impressed. So you picked up the keyboard in Germany and are already playing in a rock band. WOW!

    ReplyDelete