Saturday, January 2, 2010

Francais!

I have just about the best french class ever invented.

I got back today from the musikfreizeit (more about that later) with pretty mixed feelings.  Elation, yeah, because it was such a good time, but also sad because when everybody else said their goodbyes knowing that they'd probably meet each other again next year, I said mine knowing that chances are good that we'd never meet again.  On top of that, I was (and still am) drop dead tired.

In any case, as soon as I got in the door Lotta informed me that my french class had sent me a package.  How amazing is that? 

Anyway, I've been thinking about that.  Why is French class so special?  Aside from the fact that Madame is simply the best and the french students kick ass, French is also just about the only class in LHS that stays mostly together year to year... french power!  Honestly, though, I think it's that continuity that makes French class the favorite class of so many people, even those that don't like the french language.

  That, and the fact that Madame is the best.

In any case, a big thank you to all you guys.  Collette, especially- I couldn't think of a better care package than one including your amazing cookies.  You truly are the epitome of woman.

I'd also like to say that I love Mentos (pronounced men - toss here in el deutschland), the candle that Chris the Commy sent smells just my grandparents' house (that's a good thing, Chris), and Alex thinks my Lynnfield hat is pretty damn cool. 

And thanks, everyone, for your well wishes.   I really appreciate it... French 5 is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment